Friday, February 11, 2011

What I'm Reading Now

Ed Dobson, an evangelical Christian pastor, read The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs and was inspired to do his own experiment with biblical living. While Jacobs, a secular Jew, followed both Old and New Testament instructions very literally; Dobson chose to concentrate on the Gospel accounts of how Jesus would have navigated everyday life. 

So far in my reading, Dobson's biggest challenge is eating kosher, especially avoiding meat and dairy together.  No baked potato with butter and sour cream to accompany his steak. Bummer.  I wouldn't like that either.  I'll post regularly on my reactions as I finish the book.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading my blog and commenting! I love hearing from readers -- how did you find me? I'm looking forward to seeing your kitchen progress.

    ReplyDelete