Sunday, February 6, 2011

Kitchen Makeover in Progress

                             

my kitchen-before

We're remodeling our kitchen, and like a lot of people, it's taking a very long time to do it.  It started when the oven died.  After replacing every appliance but the fridge, we decided to throw out the crumbling thermafoil cabinet doors and reface the cabinets and drawers with solid wood shaker doors. We have an estimate and are waiting to do that last.  We have already replaced the stained white 1996 laminate countertops with tropical brown granite. We also painted over the pastel yellow walls with Benjamin Moore Bennington Gray.  Lovely. 


My sister, a design GENIUS, made roman shades from a lovely tone-on-tone blue (of course!) stripe. I said "goodbye" to the yellow floral valance. So far, so good.  Here's a close-up of the granite, the new roman shades, and my son's chocolate cake.

Then came undercabinet lighting.  The electrician opened up the dry wall to wire the things, and now we're waiting for the moolah to repair the wall and install off-white subway tile.

forgive me for the dark photo-I'll post a new photo in natural light soon.



Here are some of my inspiration pics:

jbrodie's kitchen - gardenweb's kitchen forum

garden web kitchen forum
Thanks for looking!








No comments:

Post a Comment