Sunday, March 20, 2011

E-mealz Changed My Life

When it comes to meal planning, I've been stuck in a chili, spaghetti, Little Caesar's, Sonic, and McDonalds rut for years. For a special treat, we like Chick-fil A.  Every time I tried something new in the kitchen, my boys would turn up their noses.  I NEVER cooked dinner at home for seven days straight.

I subscribed to e-mealz.com three weeks ago and WOW!  I've cooked ALMOST every dinner at home for THREE WEEKS IN A ROW.  I can't believe it.  I work outside the home so I'm usually pretty tired at the end of the day, but I've actually been looking forward to getting home so I can cook!  Bizarre.

I know all you foodies out there are rolling your eyes.  You've been making stuff like Penne with Bacon and Spinach or Pecan Crusted Tilapia forever, but I just bought my first bottle of balsamic vinaigrette and I'm excited.



Jenny Cochran and Jane Delaney, the amazing e-mealz ladies
 The ladies at e-mealz.com do all the planning for me.  I just select a plan based on my favorite grocery store and for $1.50 a week I get a meal plan, shopping list, and recipes for seven meals.  They have plans for Walmart, Aldi, Publix, Kroger, and others.  We're doing the Walmart Weight Watchers Points Plus plan.  Yes...they will even count your points for you.  My boys have eaten vegetables, salads, and fresh fruit.  It's amazing.

We're saving money, too.  Dave Ramsey endorses the site.  We aren't going through the drive-through four or five times a week any more.  I still love my Chick-fil A, but now I don't feel so guilty about it.  It's a real treat and not a necessity just because I couldn't/wouldn't cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment